Transportation Between Houston Airport And Downtown
Taking public city bus from San Diego Airport to downtown train & trolley stations
HOW TO REACH DOWNTOWN TRANSPORTATION HUBS FROM THE SAN DIEGO AIRPORT
• Follow the signs inside the airport to Ground Transportation.
• At the curb outside the airport, look for the bus stop sign for MTS bus 992. As of 2015 bus ticket purchase is .25 fare payable on board. Exact change needed. info http://www.sdmts.com
• Depart the bus at the Santa Fe Depot Station stop. Then walk North across Broadway across the trolley tracks just west of Kettner Blvd. You’ll see the Santa Fe Depot station from the bus stop.
Once at the Depot you have the choice to:
1. Purchase a COASTER ticket at the NCTD ticket vending machine on the platform.
2. Purchase tickets for Amtrak inside the depot ticket counter
3. Walk to adjacent American Plaza Station and purchase tickets for the San Diego Trolley, an inexpensive light rail service with three lines that serve multiple areas including Downtown, the Convention Center, SDSU, Old Town, and even the Mexican border. Although the trolley doesn’t stop directly at the airport, the blue and orange lines connect with MTS Bus route 992 at America Plaza Station adjacent to Santa Fe Depot
4. Uber, taxi, bus or walk to your San Diego area destination
Amtrak Intercity and Coaster commuter trains link communities and travelers from as far away as Los Angeles and Orange Counties to downtown San Diego and coastal North County and, includes stops in Old Town, Sorrento Valley, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Carlsbad and Oceanside.
Travelers headed from San Diego International Airport can connect with Amtrak’s Pacific Surfliner and the COASTER at Amtrak’s Santa Fe Depot train station downtown.
The Coaster commuter train operates daily, with the exceptions of New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
For additional information on connecting transit, fares, personalized travel planning and disabled services, call 800.COASTER 800.262.7837 or visit www.gonctd.com/coaster.
For additional information on Amtrak service in San Diego, visit the Santa Fe Depot train station, telephone 1-800-USA-RAIL, or visit Amtrak or Amtrak California.